THIS EVENT IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT, PLEASE JOIN THE WAITLIST BELOW.
Dates: June 8-9, 2022 (Wednesday and Thursday)
Location: Waterloo Recreation Area, Chelsea, Michigan
Time(s): 9:00am to 4:30pm
Instructor: Dr. Anton Reznicek
Cost: $200 (MWA members), $250 (non-members)
Class Description: Two day field class covering wetland sedge (with a focus on the genus Carex) identification in the field. Plants encountered in the field will be identified and distinguishing flowering and non-flowering characteristics will be given. The course will focus on a variety of wetland types in and around the Waterloo Recreational Area. Participants should bring a bagged lunch each day. Lodging options are available in Chelsea or Ann Arbor.
Course Materials: All class attendees should bring a hand lens, write-in-the-rain notebook, pencil, and plant identification books.
Accommodations: Attendees are responsible for their own meals; packing a lunch is recommended.
Anton Reznicek – Dr. Reznicek is the Curator Emeritus (Vascular Plants) and Former Assistant Director of the University of Michigan Herbarium and Research Scientist Emeritus of the UM Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology. Dr. Reznicek focuses his research on the systematics and evolution of Cyperaceae, especially Carex, with emphasis on a multi-level approach concentrating on several aspects including development of new characters useful in systematics, monographic studies of major groups, sectional classification and nomenclature, and processes and patterns of evolution.
Class Cancellation Notification
Five (5) days prior to the start of class, participants will be notified of a cancellation. The MWA Treasurer will refund 100% of the fee received to participants.
Cancellation Policy for Attendees
- Any attendee can transfer, at any time, their spot in the class to another person with no financial penalty
- Cancellation prior to14 days of the class is eligible for 100% refund of class fees
- Cancellation from 1-13 days of the class is eligible for 50% refund of class fees
- Cancellation within less than 1 day of start of the class (including during the class) is not eligible for any refund (0%), however the spot can be transferred to any other person.
How to Register:
1. Select the number of spaces you’d like to register for by selecting either the ‘Member Spaces’ or ‘Non-Member Spaces’. If you’d like to become a member, click here.
2. Once you’ve entered your registration information, please hit the blue ‘Submit Booking’ button and you’ll be redirected to PayPal to complete the purchase. (Your booking is not complete until you’ve submitted payment information.)
JOIN THE WAITLIST:
Bookings are closed for this event.