2017 Wetlands Conference
Innovations in Wetland Protection and Management
PLEASE JOIN US
September 27-29, 2017
The Michigan Wetlands Association (MWA) invites you to attend its 2017 Wetlands Conference at the Treetops Resort, Gaylord, Michigan. The conference is open to both members and non-members. We anticipate participation from state, federal, and local agencies; private consulting firms; colleges and universities; conservation and environmental organizations; and other interested citizens. The conference will take place at the Treetops Resort, which is located five miles east of Gaylord amidst abundant and varied scenic and recreational opportunities.
The MWA is a statewide organization dedicated to the protection and restoration of wetlands and associated ecosystems through science-based programs, education and stewardship. The conference will include keynote speakers, general sessions and themed tracks, and social and networking activities.
Registration includes a 2018 membership to MWA.
|Conference Registration||Before August 15||After August 15|
|Tuesday Workshops (half-day)||Before August 15||After August 15|
|Management of Invasive Wetland Species||$25||$35|
|Siting Wetland Mitigation and Restoration in a Watershed Context||$25||$35|
|Protection and Restoration of Wild Rice||$25||$35|
|Friday Field Trips||Before August 15||After August 15|
|Pigeon River Country Tour||$25||$35|
|Bogs and Brew||$25||$35|
|Boxed Lunch For Field Trip||$15||$15|
*Guests interested in the Trout Fishing field trip will be notified regarding details and costs by September 1. At that time guests will be given the option of accepting or declining participation.
Please submit your abstract for consideration for this year’s conference here.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Monday, April 28th
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: Friday, May 19th
Wednesday through Friday – Non-profit: $40
Wednesday through Friday – For-profit: $100
MWA is seeking conference sponsors to support this year’s conference. If you are interested in becoming a conference sponsor, please visit our sponsorship page. Registration discounts and other perks apply!
“Michigan’s Most Spectacular Resort”
With 81 holes of spectacular golf, Treetops is truly the Midwest’s “Must Play” resort and arguably the best collection of golf anywhere in the country. Combine that with world-class instruction, spa, biking, tennis, disc golf and other outdoor adventures and you have just some of the reasons people visit Treetops Resort & Spa. We invite you to discover your own reason to visit Michigan’s Most Spectacular Resort.
Resort Information –
- You are required to make your own hotel reservations for the conference. Please do so as soon as possible by calling Treetops Reservations, 866-348-5249.
- When calling for reservations, please indicate that you are with the MWA Conference.
- We have reserved a guest block of rooms at Treetops Resort from Tuesday, September 26, through Friday, September 29 departure.
- Our guest block will be held until August 15, 2017. Any reservations made after this date are subject to availability.
- Room Rates range from $79 (for Standard Inn rooms) to $149 (Lodge Spa and Deluxe rooms). Rooms can also be reserved on Friday and Saturday night for an additional $10 over the conference rate.